The main reason anyone goes to the dentist is to maintain good dental health. In this post from Priority Dental in Casper, we are going to discuss five things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings arise. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
- Frequent eating
- Consuming sugary beverages
- Oral bacteria
- Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you see any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to set up an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among young children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is uncomplicated. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, forego frequent snacking, and have regular dental checkups.
At Priority Dental in Casper we want all our patients to enjoy healthy teeth and gums. Patients from Riverton, Thermopolis, and Douglas come to us for family and restorative dentistry, and much more. Schedule your next checkup today!
Contact Priority Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
1224 E. 2nd St.