One common excuse often given by people who don’t floss is that the practice is difficult to fit into their daily schedule. If you’ve found this to be true, and feel like you are too busy to floss, here are some suggestions for when to fit this critical dental health habit into your day.
- The most common time is right before bed, but make sure you aren’t too tired to do a good job.
- Right when you wake up is also an option, but if food is left between teeth all night, it can result in plaque.
- Try just after lunch, before you go back to work.
- Floss while you are in the car sitting in traffic. It’s easier one-handed with the pre-strung floss pics. (You might get some odd looks from other drivers, but it’s worth it.)
- Keep some floss in your gym bag so you can floss after you exercise.
- While you’re watching the nightly news.
I hope this gives you some helpful ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine. Flossing is vital for anyone in Casper who wants to have a healthy smile.
My name is Doctor Ben Emery. Helping my dental patients establish good habits is important to me, as well as helping them obtain the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers, teeth whitening, and complete smile makeovers.
We are currently accepting new patients, so give us a call at 307-333-6285 to make an appointment!
your dental home
Contact Priority Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):