Historically, dental patients have had to wait for weeks, even months, for dental crowns to be completed. But that’s all changed with CEREC same-day crowns, available at Priority Dental in Casper.
What Does CEREC Stand For?
CEREC stand for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. We use CEREC technology to fabricate and place a crown in one same-day dental procedure.
How Are Crowns Fabricated With CEREC?
CEREC same day dental crowns use Computer Aided Design/ Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology and 3D imaging to create a crown that fits your tooth perfectly. A CEREC crown retains your natural bite and gumline shape.
First we take a 3D image of your tooth with an intraoral scanner. The image is converted to a digital model with the CEREC CAD/CAM software. The digital model is sent to the milling machine.
The crown is milled from a ceramic block. Together we pick a shade that perfectly matches your natural teeth. Then the crown is bonded into place.
What Are CEREC Crowns Made Of?
A durable ceramic material.
What Are The Benefits of CEREC Dental Crowns?
- Restores tooth function in one dental appointment
- A CEREC crown only requires one dental visit
- Prevents potential problems with temporary crowns
- Tooth prep for a CEREC crown preserves more of your existing tooth structure
- CEREC may be more affordable than a traditional crown
- CEREC crowns fit better than traditional crowns
- It prohibits decay that’s possible with a tooth waiting for a permanent crown
Will My Tooth Hurt?
Your crowned tooth may be sensitive for a couple of days after placement. Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth may ease the sensitivity.
Avoid chewy or sticky foods during this period. Brush and floss your new crown as you do with the rest of your teeth.
Contact Priority Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):