To have the best dental health, it helps if you develop a plan: a plan you stick to no matter what. Part of it should be regular checkups at Priority Dental in Casper, but there’s more to it than that.
Here are some things you can consider for your dental plan.
- Brush your teeth. That’s an easy one! Brush your teeth at least once every day. Twice is better. Take at least two minutes, and be sure you do a thorough job. That means brushing the chewing surfaces and sides, and making sure you get along the gumline. Remember to brush your tongue. Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and replace it every few months. Be sure you floss, too. Pro tip: brush before going to bed!
- Experiment with floss! There are lots of different types of dental floss. Find the one you like best! You’ll be more likely to use it every day. String floss is superior to floss picks because it gets more of the tooth. It comes in different widths, waxed and unwaxed, and various flavors.
- Fluoride toothpaste. Check the label of your toothpaste to make sure it contains fluoride. The flavor is up to you, but fluoride is an important ingredient and not all brands have it. Fluoride fights the germs that lead to tooth decay.
- Mouthwash? Using a mouthwash is not essential, but it can be an excellent supplement to your daily regimen. It can cleanse hard-to-reach areas and re-mineralize the teeth. We can recommend a good one for you.
- Limit sugary foods. Sugar is what converts into cavity-causing acids in your mouth. Candy and other sweets are the obvious culprits, but even fruit can contribute. You don’t need to avoid all sugary stuff, but limit your intake and brush later.
How’s that for a plan? Have we forgotten anything? Oh yes: see us at Priority Dental in Casper for regular cleanings and checkups. People from Riverton, Thermopolis, and Douglas come to our practice for dental implants, complete family dentistry, and more. Schedule an appointment today!
Contact Priority Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
1224 E. 2nd St.